My 66 convertible

Home Page Forums The 1965-66 Full Size Chevy Forum My 66 convertible

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  administrator 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

administrator
    Keymaster

OK long story short. Bought this convertible and a friend told me he could do the body work on it. He lied. He had everything done and I was getting it ready to deliver to the body shop to paint. All of the filler he put on I removed with a putty knife. None of it stuck. The quarter panels were welded on wrong. They did not line up at the quarter extensions. I was totally disappointed and really lost interest in the car. It has been several months now, and the car has been at the body shop ever since then. They have been working on it when they can. The trunk floors had to be re done, as did the quarters. Today I spent the day there wet sanding the fenders and doors. Tomorrow I am sanding the hood and trunk lid. Hopefully tomorrow the car will se some paint. Cross your fingers for me…thanks..

20141016_124947

1966 Impala convertible
    1966 Caprice 4dr.

#287 Reply

administrator
    Keymaster

The car made progress today! The body is all in primer and the fenders, doors, hood, trunk, and header panel are all final sanded and cut in. The color is 2014 GM Velvet red pearl metallic. That is the underside of a Glasstek 2″ cowl hood.

#288 Reply

administrator
    Keymaster

Hood looks great!!!!

Paul
    Expert reproduction documents for 1960-1970 Chevrolet:
    Window Stickers, Car Shippers, Retail Order Forms, Dealer Invoices,etc.
    Please visit our website:
    http://www.winvoices.com
    Thank you,

Paul

#289 Reply

administrator
    Keymaster

Thanks Paul! Only issue I found today…with the hood bolted on and aligned, the cowl is touching the right wiper transmission when the hood is closed. I have contacted Glasstek for their advice. Hopefully I don’t have to cut out around it…
    1966 Impala convertible
    1966 Caprice 4dr.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: My 66 convertible
Your information: